Tom is a Senior Financial Services Operations Executive with deep, broad-based experience in correspondent clearing, product/process and client development, clearing conversions, budgetary strategic planning and operational excellence. He is a transformational leader recognized for creating a culture of high performance, client-focused, professional development and succession planning. Tom also is industry acknowledged for the implementation of creative and efficient operational solutions.
- Provided guidance and advice with the pro-forma, RFP and selection process for a large regional broker dealer.
- Led vendor evaluation, for advisors and broker-dealers, to identify “best in class clearing and processing solutions”. Provided recommendations based on business profile, services offered and cost analysis for clients considering conversions.
- Counseled advisors and broker-dealers in the “thought” process needed to determine which clearing model best aligns with their business.
- Directed the business unit responsible for client acquisition and conversion events of self-clearing and fully disclosed correspondent firms.
- Shepherded broker-dealers through FINRA’s New Membership Application process.
- Conducted risk assessments of “in-process’ conversion events to identify operational and service gaps, measure the impact of change and assess the operational readiness of the field, operational and management support groups.
- Created a new brand strategy to promote awareness within the clearing space, developed a unique relationship model and implemented an intra-company communication plan to increase transparency.
- Cultivated a team of conversion specialists and relationship managers to ensure all processes are implemented and documented throughout the onboarding process, including all aspects of operations, compliance, IT and training.
- Led over 250 client integration projects for small to mid-sized broker-dealers.
- Developed a new strategy and approach for the client integration process, which included a detailed plan and roadmap for each transition event and standardized transition and training practices.
- Worked closely with firm management to conduct a strategic review of current products, services and technology. Made recommendations based on the services and technology available to implement “best in class” solutions for firm clients, advisors and support staff.
- Interacted with internal compliance and FINRA representatives on the documentation required for onboarding events, ensuring compliance with all regulatory guidelines.
- Managed the process and resources for Firm responses to requests for proposals for new business and contract renewals.
- Directed and coordinated the departments responsible for the transfer of assets and services to alternative clearing platforms, ensuring efficient outcomes and continued servicing of accounts.
- Spearheaded a solution for an industry problem of assets left behind by correspondents.
- Created a best practices operational consulting service for correspondent firms.
- Senior Vice President, Director of Client Integration, First Clearing Correspondent Services
- First Vice President, Business System Development Manager, Prudential Securities
- Vice President, Operations, Prudential Securities
Education, Accolades and Affiliations
- FINRA Series 7, 63 registrations (Registrations are typically inactive, but may be used when appropriate to perform interim functions for our clients)