My clients appreciate a trusting relationship, being heard and being respectful of their time.
Monica has over 20 years of experience in the industry with an emphasis on Project Management, Data Analysis, Compliance Support, Email Surveillance, and Anti-Money Laundering. She is a subject matter expert in Enhanced Due Diligence risk screenings for high net worth and international clients. She is a skilled professional in quality control and quality assurance functions and has written high risk customer summaries as part of her risk management roles. Prior to joining Oyster, Monica was a member of the First Clearing Corporation Correspondent Conversion Team, where her primary responsibilities were leading the integration for new correspondent business while working with all levels of associates across multiple divisions. Monica has solid working knowledge of many operational areas across the brokerage business.
- Multiple engagements with the AML Compliance Department of a national broker-dealer in multiple capacities including auditing various processes and documents, performing year-end processing and approvals of NGO paperwork, fielding questions from the salesforce relating to Restricted accounts, and as an Analyst for the Patriot Act Certificate validation project. Wrote high risk customer summaries for international clients, trained team members on the compliance systems and processes, developed and documented procedures as necessary.
- Performed branch exams, confirming compliance with policies, procedures and regulations, maintaining data documentation of the review for audit control purposes
- Led the strategic and tactical integration for multiple correspondent clearing clients, managing the entire project scope from the systems configuration and data analysis to working with all levels of associates within a national brokerage firm, its clearing division and correspondent firms
- Knowledge Transfer Process Trainer in the mergers of various broker-dealers, banks and independent firms as part of the Correspondent Clearing Group’s Conversion Team
- Proficient in the Email Surveillance platforms of Smarsh, CA Dataminder and Global Relay
- Wide knowledge base of Beta/TTS Systems, Beta Backoffice, SmartStation, StoreVision, ECRR (Enterprise Customer Risk Rating System), Newton, ClientLink, OIB (Operations Image Browser), SharePoint
- Successful execution and processing of regulatory client mailings
- Due Diligence Associate, High Risk Client Unit of Financial Crimes Risk and Control
- Associate Vice President, Correspondent Conversion Team Project Manager, First Clearing Corporation/Wachovia Securities
- Margin Specialist, First Clearing Corporation/Wachovia Securities