Our clients get the best outcomes because our goal is not simply selling a particular product or consulting service, but rather we strive to build an on-going partnership with your firm.
Joe brings more than 30 years of both front / back office experience in the Financial Services Industry to his role as Senior Consultant at Oyster. His breadth of knowledge and experience spans broker-dealer operations, compliance, relationship management, client integrations and conversion events. Joe has worked multiple engagements with broker-dealers, clearing firms, and registered investment advisors, performing a varying scope of services including operational risk and readiness assessments, branch audits, compliance support, remediation projects and both trade and supervisory procedure reviews.
- Acted as Operations subject matter expert for broker-dealer client responsible for both conversion project planning and post conversion remediation initiatives.
- Collaborated with Oyster colleagues in multiple operations, risk and readiness assessments for broker-dealers either considering or preparing for clearing firm changes. Similar efforts include branch automation and operation efficiency reviews.
- Assisted broker-dealer Compliance as Supervisory Principal with multiple review responsibilities.
- Participated in a comprehensive review of the SEC Rule 15c3-5 Program of a prominent broker-dealer. Analysis included a review of the Firm’s policies and procedures, trading platforms and other technologies designed to comply with the Rule.
- Participated in an external audit for a clearing firm which focused on the methodology used in Regulatory Reporting requirements associated with SEC Rule 15c3-1 and SEC Rule 15c3-3 for both Net Capital and the Reserve Formula.
- Performed suitability trade reviews for multiple products including equities, mutual funds and variable annuities for registered investment advisors and broker-dealer clients.
- Performed SEC mock audit for registered investment advisor firm focused specifically on Operational Controls.
- Participated in large remediation project focused on managed fee charges to retail clients. Scope included data analysis and verification.
- Administrative Complex Manager, RBC Wealth Management
- Director of Operations, JB Hanauer & Company
- Senior Relationship Manager (SVP), Wexford Clearing Services, LLC
- Operations Supervisor, Prudential Securities Inc.