Working with other employees at Oyster that have different expertise allows me to provide better service to my clients, no matter their need.
Candy Palugi is an experienced Financial Services professional with over 20 years of industry experience. Candy has extensive expertise in broker-dealer and RIA regulation, including FINRA, SEC, MSRB, DOL and state agencies. Her expertise also includes firm merger/acquisition process management and controls testing. Prior to working with Oyster, Candy served in various Compliance roles for B. Riley Wealth Management, a dually registered broker-dealer and investment advisory firm. Candy also served as Assistant Vice President, Product Manager and as Registered Options & Securities Futures Principal for Morgan Keegan & Co.
- Chief Compliance Officer for Registered Investment Advisors
- Compliance support for Registered Investment Advisors and broker-dealers, including calendar and manual
- Complete compliance program development and maintenance to include calendar, manuals, and risk/control monitoring and testing for broker-dealer and investment advisory firms
- Firm acquisition/merger process management
- Conducts required regulatory filings including ADV, Form BD, Form CRS, 13F, 4530, U4/U5
- WSP development, evaluation and annual testing under Rule 3120
- Investment advisory policies, procedures and internal controls development, evaluation and annual testing under SEC Rule 206(4)-7
- Oversees start-to-finish regulatory examinations by FINRA, SEC, State Examiners
- Regulation Best Interest implementation with Form CRS development
- Development and tailoring of policies, procedures and training for firms to comply with the DOL PTE 2020-02
- Establishes annual employee firm-element training program
- Evaluates and recommends operational process improvements
- Manages customer complaint and arbitration process
- Evaluation and testing of AML/KYC program; third-party examination
- Deputy Chief Compliance Officer, B Riley Wealth Management
- CCO, Investment Advisory and Compliance Officer, Broker-Dealer Compliance, B. Riley Wealth Management
- Associate Vice President, Product Manager, Wealth Management Services, Morgan
Keegan & Co.
- Registered Options & Securities Futures Principal, Compliance Administrator, Morgan Keegan & Co.
- Registered Sales assistant, Morgan Stanley
- Assistant Vice President, Branch Operations Manager, Wachovia Securities, LLC
(Prudential Securities, Inc.)