Consulting offers me the chance to leverage the expertise and relationships I've acquired over the years to provide solutions for our clients in a collaborative and intentional manner.
Jose Fernandez has spent 30 years in the financial services industry, primarily in Capital Markets Operational Leadership roles. Jose’s executive experience includes responsibility for the overall coordination and ongoing improvement of operational support functions and processes including, but not limited to, Client on-boarding, Operational, Counterparty and Market Risk, Regulatory Compliance, Audit, Profit/Loss management and reporting, Vendor Management and technology. Prior to joining Oyster, Jose served as Director of Operations for BB&T Capital Markets, a division within BB&T Securities.
- Managed operational team responsible for supporting client on-boarding and the trade life cycle of transactions conducted by Capital Markets debt and equity sales, trading and origination teams.
- Identified opportunities to shift administrative processes and enhance workflows to gain efficiencies and maximize revenue generating activities
- Responsible for the implementation of new technologies or applications supporting the business while leveraging vendor relationships and resources (e.g., industry groups) to remain informed of related technology developments and enhancements within the industry.
- Reviewed all activities conducted by Sales & Trading personnel to ensure compliance with Industry Regulations and Internal policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the trading, sales, operational and compliance activities conducted working closely with the Head of Sales & Trading in managing personnel and revenue generating matters
- Leads by example, promoting a culture which values ethics, fosters teamwork and accountability while motivating and inspiring others to achieve high levels of competency and technical skills through a collaborative and intentional mindset.
- Managing Director of Operations – BB&T Capital Markets, a division of BB&T Securities
- Senior Vice President Branch Manager/Principal – Advest, Inc