Our seasoned industry leaders help you plan, manage risk, achieve compliance and optimize operations so you can focus on running and growing your business.
Glenn Schwalje is a securities professional with over 20 years of industry experience. Glenn has extensive expertise in broker-dealer and RIA risk management and compliance, including creating and implementing Written Supervisory Procedures, AML Compliance Programs, as well as conducting branch exams and email review. Prior to working with Oyster, Glenn served in Compliance roles for World Equity Group, Inc and MPS-LORIA Financial Planners, LLC, as well as Vice President, District Risk Officer for Morgan Stanley.
- Compliance program development and maintenance, including calendar, manuals, and risk/control monitoring and testing for broker-dealer and investment advisory firms
- Development and maintenance of BCP manuals, Code of Ethics program
- Conducts on-site main office, OSJ, and branch office examinations including annual AML reviews
- Review and approve outside business activities and private securities transactions requests and maintain records
- Review and approve advertising, sales literature and RR/IAR correspondence
- Conducts required regulatory filings
- Oversees start-to-finish regulatory examinations by FINRA, SEC, State Examiners
- Establishes annual employee firm-element training program
- Evaluates and recommends operational process improvements
- Manages customer complaint and arbitration process
- Evaluation and testing of AML/KYC program; third-party examination
- Senior Compliance Officer, World Equity Group, Inc
- Compliance Supervisor, LORIA Financial Group, LLC (B/D) and MPS-LORIA Financial Planners, LLC (RIA)
- Senior Managing Member, IBS Securities, LLC
- Vice President, District Risk Officer, Morgan Stanley
- Compliance Examiner, Butler, Adams, Karpesh And Associates, LLC
- Compliance Officer, Advanced Equities, Inc.
- Assistant Vice President, Compliance Officer – Howe Barnes Investments, Inc.
- Compliance Examiner, First Union Securities
- Executive VP – Compliance, Oak Brook Securities Corp.
- Principal, Net 2 Trade Securities, Inc.