My leadership experience in operations, risk, vendor management and correspondent-related services allows me to provide our clients with a strong strategic partnership in order to provide meaningful solutions.
Dave Osborne is a well-rounded financial services professional with over 30 years of experience in operations, risk, vendor management, relationship management and correspondent-related services. He possesses high-level project management, contract negotiation and management skills, with the ability to connect interrelated processes to assess the entire landscape. Dave most recently served as Director of Strategic Partnerships at Truist. He has led hundreds of correspondent conversions as well as successfully shepherding several major brokerage firm mergers. Prior experience also includes leadership roles in business continuity, client services and StreetSide support groups. While at Clearview and BB&T Securities, he served on multiple Firm committees, including Management Committee, Risk Management Committee, Operations Risk Management Committee, Foreign Exchange Risk Committee, Credit Committee and Vendor Management Committee.
- Extensive experience in fully disclosed conversions, self-clearing conversions and combining broker-dealers through mergers and acquisitions for First Clearing and Clearview.
- Led the vendor contracting processes for BB&T Securities and Truist. Instrumental in the negotiation of clearing contracts, both self-clearing and fully disclosed. Led BB&T Securities’ efforts to determine the viability of moving from self-clearing to fully disclosed and oversaw the vendor selection process.
- Served as Executive Sponsor for BB&T Securities T+1 effort as well as managing a revamp of wire processing related to their Foreign Exchange desk. Led the team who re-designed monthly statements and implemented a daily at-a-glance dashboard for Firm settlements, inventories and balances.
- Served as Clearview’s Director of Client Services; ensured Clearview’s introducing firms’ expectations were met and aligned with the appropriate operational, trading and product offerings.
- Responsible for BB&T Securities’ Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery program. This included overseeing the planning and execution of periodic mock exercises as well as implementing and monitoring plans during actual DR events.
- Managing Director, BB&T Securities/Truist Financial
- Managing Director, Clearview Correspondent Services
- First Vice President, First Clearing Corporation