I enjoy leveraging the diverse resources of Oyster to offer unique perspective and solutions for our clients. The extensive practical experience and range of our subject matter expertise differentiates us from other consulting firms and enables us to exceed client expectations. I find it very rewarding to be a part of this team.
Jeffrey Gearhart is an intuitive, analytical leader with over 30 years of experience in banking and capital markets businesses. Prior to joining Oyster, he held senior leadership roles with The Bank of New York Mellon, including business line COO, CFO, business development and relationship management. As the COO and head of the broker-dealer for BNY Mellon Capital Markets, he managed all business activities for a fixed income and equity institutional broker-dealer, achieving consistent sales growth, mitigating risk and improved operating margins. He has a comprehensive view of strategic planning, broker-dealer management best practices, and financial performance and growth improvement.
- Provides customized solutions to help institutions, broker-dealers and advisors to expand products and services, improve trading, sales processes, operational processes and operating margins, mitigate regulatory risks.
- Extensive experience managing all business activities for a bank-affiliated fixed income and equity institutional broker-dealer. In CFO/COO roles, served on senior management committees covering risk, supervision, best execution, and capital commitments.
- Proven track record of improving operating margins through operational efficiency and revenue growth strategies. Achieved double digit PTI growth by aligning trading and sales desks with client growth strategies, risk weighed capital allocations, and improved operational workflow.
- Managed daily operations and client relationships for a funding ATS. Accelerated strategic evaluation of the platform competitive position, business viability and growth potential.
- Led numerous initiatives for a leading global securities agency/principal lending business, serving as Subject Matter Expert on product management and development, data analytics, front- and back-office process re-engineering, and operational control structure enhancements.
- Led conversion of a bank dealer to a general securities broker-dealer and FINRA membership. Subsequently expanded CMA to increase business activities and increase broker-dealer revenue and operating margin.
- Managed capital markets business and product development for affiliated fixed income and equity institutional clients. Achieved consistent +10% growth in transaction volume by creating services tailored to custodial and cash management clients.
- Managing Director, Markets, Securities Finance, The Bank of New York Mellon
- Managing Director, COO & Head of the Broker Dealer, Markets, Fixed Income & Equities, The Bank of New York Mellon
- Managing Director / COO, Markets, Capital Markets, The Bank of New York Mellon
- Managing Director, Business Development / Head of Pittsburgh Office, The Bank of New York Mellon
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO) / Finance & Operations Principal, Mellon Financial Corporation