My expertise and experience allows me to assist clients with a multitude of accounting, finance and regulatory reporting services in a cost effective manner, allowing our clients to drive their business forward.
Fred is an accomplished financial executive and leader with extensive experience in the full-service broker-dealer, clearing, and registered investment advisory industry. Fred’s experience includes pre- and post-merger and acquisition financial responsibilities, financial statement preparation, net capital computations, regulatory filings, incentive compensation development, commission payout systems and financial/accounting optimization and strategy. Prior to working at Oyster, Fred served as CFO for SA Stone Wealth Management, Inc. (SAS) and Divisional Controller of StoneX Financial, Inc. (SFI)
- Led the pre- and post-merger finance aspects of multiple transactions from both a buy side and sell side perspective
- Managed staff during the integration of two national brokerage operations within targeted timeframes and with minimal service level interruptions
- Oversaw all accounting responsibilities for full-service broker-dealer and independent wealth management division including financial reporting, budgets, payroll, independent advisor payout, and accounts payable/receivable
- Managed all finance functions of SAS and the Correspondent Clearing Division (CCD) of SFI in collaboration with home office accounting personnel
- Development and calculation of traditional and independent channel financial advisor commission payout, institutional sales and trading payout, and other incentive compensation arrangements
- Implementation of replacement independent advisor commission payout system
- Completed an asset purchase of an independent broker-dealer and integrated into existing processes and systems
- Collaborated with front office executives to create budgets and track actual versus projected expenses
- SEC Rule 15c3-1 (Net Capital) computations as well as monthly FOCUS filings
- Managed financial and SOX audits performed by external and internal auditors and responsible for filing of statutory audit reports with regulators
- Chief Financial Officer of SA Stone Wealth Management Inc. (SAS)
- Divisional Controller of StoneX Financial, Inc. (SFI)
- Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer of Sterne Agee Financial Services, Inc.
- Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer of Sterne Agee & Leach, Inc.
- Managing Director and Controller of Wachovia Securities
- Audit Practice, Ernst & Whinney