Oyster Consulting clients benefit from having a team of consultants, that have sat in their seats, working on their project.
Steve has extensive experience in leadership roles within the Financial Services Industry in both insurance companies and independent broker-dealers, with a talent for consistently surpassing company goals and expectations on profitability, customer service, relationship management and building rapport between the field and back office. Steve has experience in combining firms through acquisition and mergers and has operated with different clearing firms and self-clearing platforms. He began his career as an advisor and has extensive experience working with and recruiting advisors. He has served as COO and President/CEO of broker-dealers that were part of Pacific Life and LPL’s network of broker-dealers. Steve was a member of LPL’s Executive Management Team and served as Chairman of the Chicago FINRA District Committee. He also served in management positions in a multiline insurance company and in a broker-dealer insurance agency. He has been involved in all operations of the broker-dealer, but his passion is in strategic planning, recruiting and insurance sales and operations.
- Merger & Acquisitions: Led the team to merge Dreher & Associates and Long Grove Trading into Waterstone, and the subsequent conversion of Waterstone to LPL.
- Led teams in building a new back office, compliance, and commission system for the Pacific Life Broker Dealers.
- Recruiting Agents/Advisors into Financial Service Firms, both captive sales forces and independent. I helped build a recruiting platform at Waterstone that was a significant reason for our growth.
- Works with management teams to set and achieve goals of profitable growth. Successfully built a management team that helped triple Waterstone’s GDC in 7 years.
- Developed the systems needed to attract higher producing advisors. Transitioned Advisors from primarily a commission-based model to fee based. Built a program to transition advisors’ book to the next generation.
- Creates an environment that puts customer service as a high priority. All Employees must be committed to the importance of great service, which includes making sure that all transactions are done with impeccable integrity.
- Significantly grew fixed and variable insurance sales at Broker Dealers. Experienced in building systems that will give the advisors more transparency into the products they are selling and a process that will conduct regular reviews on existing life insurance policies.
- Member, Executive Management Team, LPL Financial
- President/CEO, Waterstone Financial Group (Top 35 Independent Broker-Dealer)
- Vice President, Dreher & Associates
- President, Dreher Insurance Services
- Agency Manager, Country Companies
- Agent, Country Companies Insurance