Oyster provides a unique niche in the market because of all of our collective experience. We are industry practitioners. We have lived it and treat our clients how we would treat ourselves.
Bill has extensive executive and management experience advising on brokerage platform and correspondent clearing business. He began his career 38 years ago in various supervisory and management positions at Wheat, First Securities and worked in all facets of brokerage operations. Ultimately, he was appointed Managing Director of Operations of First Clearing, the clearing arm and subsidiary of Wachovia Securities (now Wells Fargo Advisors). Bill expanded his career by consulting and working as a Vice President at Folio Investing, heading up Brokerage Operations, Relationship Management and Customer Service divisions for both Retail and Institutional clients.
- Director of Clearing and Platform Advisory Services
- Leads Oyster’s experienced Planning Services team which includes: Plan Building, Plan Transition, Software Selection and Advisor Mentoring
- Worked with major platform providers and retail/bank brokerage firms on strategic initiatives including strategic planning, clearing decisions for mutual funds, platform changes and providers, and other new business opportunities
- Acted in various capacities relating to product development and sales for Folio Investing, implementing key changes for Institutional and retail clients including development of Robo Advisor
- Served as Director of Operations for a national brokerage/clearing firm, heading both service and support groups including Mutual Funds, UIT, Alternative Investments, IRA, Tax, Money Markets and Annuities
- Led the efforts of various broker-dealers, banks and independent firm mergers including (at the time) the largest retail firm conversion (Prudential Securities into First Union Securities)
- Assisted in Wells Fargo conversion away from Schwab, Prudential Investments and was Project Manager Lead during omnibus conversions
- As Senior Manager in the Operations Division of a national firm, responsible for creation and development of automated platform utilizing current technologies to take operations into next generation
- VP Mutual Fund Operations, Wells Fargo Clearing Services
- Partner and Officer, Financial Associates Clearing
- Segment Director, First Clearing Correspondent Services
- VP Brokerage Operations, Relationship Management and Institutional/Retail Customer Service, Folio Investing, LLC
- Managing Director of Packaged Product Operations, First Clearing Corporation
- Department Manager, IRA, Security Control and Tax Departments, First Clearing Corporation