David Williams is Managing Director, Head of Business Development, and is responsible for the leading the firm’s growth strategy. Specifically, David’s team identifies financial services firms (broker-dealers & RIAs) whose needs match with Oyster’s expertise and implement solutions that result in successful outcomes. David works with major platform providers and retail/bank brokerage firms on strategic initiatives including strategic planning, clearing decisions, platform changes and providers, and other new business opportunities.
David has over 40 years of financial services industry experience, having worked closely with all types of financial entities, including large retail brokerage firms, independent firms (W2 & 1099 models) and banks. Additionally, he has knowledge of the major platforms encompassing both the self-clearing and fully-disclosed models, the technology, trading and operations components and economic aspects of each. Through his many years in executive roles supervising sales, operations, on-boarding transitions and platform conversions, David has developed extensive, trusted relationships throughout the industry.
- Vendor assessment and selection
- Custody and Clearing Firm selection
- Fully-Disclosed Clearing Agreements
- Fully-Disclosed Pricing Models
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Supervision of sales, operations and onboarding transitions
- Managing Director, First Clearing, Well Fargo Advisors
- Managing Director, Wachovia Securities
- Managing Director, First Union Securities
- President, Wheat First Securities Clearing Services
- Vice President, Butcher & Singer, Inc.
Education, Accolades and Affiliations
- B.S., Business Administration, New York Institute of technology
- Completed the Securities Industry Institute Program (sponsored by SIFMA), Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
- FINRA Series 7,8,24 & 63
Publications and Presentations
The Great Compression – Blog Post, May 5, 2020