David Williams is responsible for the leading the firm’s growth strategy. Specifically, David’s team collaborates with broker-dealers and RIAs whose needs match with Oyster’s expertise. The goal is to implement solutions that result in successful outcomes. David also works with major platform providers and large institutions on strategic initiatives including current state assessment, future operating model, clearing, platform evaluations and succession planning.
David has over 40 years of financial services industry experience, having worked closely with all types of financial entities, including large retail brokerage firms, independent firms (W2 & 1099 models) and banks. Additionally, he has knowledge of the major platforms encompassing both the self-clearing and fully-disclosed models; the technology, trading and operations components of each; and their financial arrangements. Through his many years in executive roles supervising sales, operations, on-boarding and platform conversions, David has developed extensive, trusted relationships throughout the industry. Additional expertise includes vendor assessment and selection; custody and clearing firm evaluation; fully-disclosed clearing agreements and financial models; mergers & acquisitions and growth initiatives.
Education, Accolades and Affiliations
- B.S., Business Administration, New York Institute of technology
- Completed the Securities Industry Institute Program (sponsored by SIFMA), Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
- FINRA Series 7,8,24 & 63
- Looking Ahead: Clearings Relationships and Succession – Oyster Stew Podcast, April 1, 2021
- Are You Maximizing Your Clearing Firm’s Capabilities? – Oyster Stew Podcast, March 25, 2021
- The Great Compression – Oyster Blog, May 5, 2020