National Futures Association Registration
Now is an exciting time to launch or expand a CFTC-registered entity, but both options are complex tasks governed by a multitude of regulatory requirements. Oyster provides assistance to its clients in all aspects of operating a US or foreign-owned FCM, IB, CTA, CPO or Swap Dealers, including the initial registration with the CFTC through the NFA.
Included in the registration and expansion processes are:
- Preparation of registration applications
- Compliance and risk management program development
- AML and Ethics initial and continuing education analysis and training
- Development of AML policies and procedures for these entities, where required
- Development and implementation Customer onboarding practices
- Drafting and training for best practices for proper trading
- Clearing firm selection
- Cyber security implementation and training
- Is there anything specific to foreign-owned entities,[ nothing really except patience!!!]
The Oyster Difference: Prior to launching a customer facing CFTC-registered and NFA member entity, Oyster Consulting can help streamline the process, taking into account the various regulations and customs impacting the project. Oyster can also help you recruit executives and choose software and service providers to help you serve your clients. Oyster understands that each firm’s objectives and strategies are unique when it comes to registration; Oyster can customize policies and procedures to fit each firm’s business lines, personnel and resources. We are flexible, and will work with your timelines and tailor our services to accommodate your needs. After you firm’s registration, Oyster has many talented and qualified consultants who can serve as your permanent or temporary CCO, FINOP and more.