Now is an exciting time to be launching a broker-dealer, but getting started is a complex task governed by a multitude of regulatory requirements. Oyster provides assistance to its clients in all aspects of operating a broker-dealer, including the initial registration with the SEC and FINRA.
Included in the broker-dealer registration process are:
- Identifying Lines of Business
- Discussing required documentation
- Broker-dealer Business Plan review or creation
- Continuing Education, analysis and training
- Continuing Education Program Design
- Business Continuity Plan
- AML Policies and Procedures
- Written Supervisory Procedures
- Certifications and Acknowledgements
- CRD Registrations and Access Entitlements
- Pro-forma P&L Projections and Justification
- Creating and Filing the Form BD
The Oyster Difference
Prior to beginning registration, Oyster can help you weigh your options and benefits when opening a broker-dealer versus an investment adviser. Oyster can also help you select a clearing firm, recruit executives, and choose software and service providers to help you serve your clients. Oyster understands that each firm’s objectives and strategies are unique when it comes to registration; Oyster can customize policies and procedures to fit each firm’s business lines, personnel and resources. We are flexible, and will work with your timelines and tailor our services to accommodate your needs. After you firm’s registration, Oyster has many talented and qualified consultants who can serve as your permanent or temporary CCO, FINOP and more.