Oyster Consulting creates simplicity in a complex environment.
Tom is a risk management professional with significant experience and demonstrated competence in finance operations and regulatory compliance. His experience includes leadership of bank examination teams focused on risk management and compliance. In this capacity, Tom also led bank supervision teams to address emerging risk from financial technology and cyber threats using Operations and Technology risk assessments. Tom brings experience with Basel II and III, credit review, and bank financial reporting. Tom’s Governance and Risk experience includes Enterprise Risk Management, Prudential and Macroprudential Supervision, and the evaluation of Board Structures for relevant skills. Tom has also served as a Senior Bank Supervisor at the BMA and is now representing the Bermuda Bankers Association as their first appointed CEO.
- (Basel II and III): Enhanced Capital Requirements – Policy, Calculation Methodology, Phase-ins and Pillar II; Liquidity Coverage Ratio – Technical Determinations on Deposit Run-Off; Net Stable Funding Ratio (2018) – Policy, Calculation Methodology and Pillar II
- Retail and SME Credit Classification and Loss Modeling via EAD, PD and LGD
- Large Commercial C&I and Real Estate Loan Experience
- IFRS 9, FASB 5, Troubled Debt Restructurings, Loan Loss Allowances and Loan Classification
- Bank Call Reports (all schedules), Internal Financial Projections and Performance Reports, Quarterly Reports to SEC; External Audits
- Enterprise Risk Management – Three Levels of Defense
- Basel Principles for Prudential Banking Supervision
- Financial Stability – Macroprudential Supervision
- Board Structures, Composition, Reports to Board and Board Self-Assessments
- Operational Risk, GRC software and Open Pages Tracking Tools
- AML/KYC Policy, Risk Assessments, Screening Tools and Remediation
- Advisory Board Member and Compliance Adviser, Vivier Financial Services (Auckland, New Zealand)
- Assistant Director, Banking Supervision, Bermuda Monetary Authority (Bermuda)
- Examiner in Charge/Team lead, Large Bank Division, U.S. Department of the Treasury, Washington, D.C.
- Emergency Manager, 108th Civil Engineering Squadron, (ANG), New Jersey Air National Guard (McGuire AFB, N.J.)