Nikki has over 20 years of expertise in Financial Services including the technology and operational controls required to achieve compliance and service delivery strategy. She has extensive experience in Retail and Institutional broker-dealers, Dual registrant BD/RIA, investment banking, bank holding companies and international registrations for U.S. firms. In addition to her senior roles with FTB Advisors and Regions Bank, she has been an active participant in industry compliance and operations associations and committees including SIFMA, BISA, IIA and ISACA. Nikki’s experience in sourcing, designing and implementing technology to achieve operational excellence, improve customer experience, enhance service delivery and address regulatory findings includes specific solutions in:
- Broker-Dealer/RIA/Trust compliance, middle and back office operations and fully virtual client onboarding
- Integration of BD/RIA operations with National Banks, Custody and Clearing vendors, Affiliate data sharing
- AML surveillance, Red Flag Rules, HIPAA, investigation (case) management, PCI and privacy operations
- Automated Regulation change management and risk reporting
- Incentive Compensation, Conflict and trading away monitoring systems
- Cybersecurity, systems change management and governance, risk and compliance
- CCO for an ATS industry leader, supervising order routing, algorithm development and deployment, customized workflow and execution services with real-time analytics of portfolio trading and performance
- Drafted compliance procedures, new member applications and compliance calendars for ATS systems under 17 CFR 242.301 and SEC rule 3a1-1(a) exemptions, and performed oversight for data integrity, exchange protocols and technology implementation
- Drafted compliance program and new membership application to address FINRA rule 3110 and SEC rules around technology controls for robo advising and algorithmic trading
- Outsourced CCO, CCO support and creation of compliance programs for Broker-Dealers, RIA’s, Investment Banks and Insurance companies. Creation of compliance policies and oversight process for independent and bank owned firms.
- Annual reviews, branch exams and mystery shopper compliance programs and implementation.
- Advice and guidance for registration, supervision, and AML programs for broker-dealer and investment advisors.
- Development and implementation of compliance programs for U.S. firms, U.S. firms operating internationally, International Firms operating in the U.S.
- Evaluation of financial advisor technology for customer facing, digital advising, and fully virtual service delivery models.
- GIPS standards, CEFEX, and Sustainable, Responsible and Impact Investing (SRI) standards and programs.
- Advice and guidance for evaluation, transition and key risk monitoring for Advisors and BD firm moving to independent or changing affiliations.
- Access control review and compliance program development to detect, monitor and escalate exceptions for toxic combination, conflict of interest and insider trading oversight.
- Evaluation of culture of compliance/tone at the top compliance policies and supporting controls for multi-national financial firms.
- Risk Assessment and ongoing monitoring for key risk indicators across multiple affiliate organization structures
- Development of new product, service, and technology compliance programs to include risk standards, due diligence standards, ongoing performance monitoring aligned with FFIEC.
- Integration of multi-platform data governance to align financial planning, BD and RIA activities by customer master records for enhanced surveillance, compliance and better customer experience.
- Chief Compliance Officer/President – FTB Advisors (First Horizon National Corporation)
- SVP Compliance Director – Regions Financial Corporation
- Director, Revenue Cycle Management/IT Risk Management — ServiceMaster
- SVP Compliance, AML Officer, Privacy Officer, International Register Rep – Morgan Keegan (Regions Financial Corporation)
- VP, Assistant Corporate Auditor – First Horizon National Corporation
- Corporate Internal Auditor/Region Manager—UPS (Including, UPS Capital, UPS Supply Chain, and acquired companies)
Education, Accolades and Affiliations
- B.A., University of Memphis
- B.S., Finance, Concordia University
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA)
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- ITIL Practitioner
- FINRA Series 7, 24, 99 (Registrations are typically inactive, but may be used when appropriate to perform interim functions for our clients)
Publications and Presentations
When Does outsourcing Your CCO Role Make Sense? – Oyster Stew Podcast, January 8, 2020
Reg BI – The Disclosure Obligation – Oyster Stew Podcast, October 30, 2019