With more than 25 years of in the financial services and technology industries, Howard brings extensive experience as a manager and developer in the global equities sector. Howard started his career as a developer supporting a multi-asset, multi-exchange automated trading system at a national broker-dealer. He has worked for global banks and broker-dealer firms, holding a variety of positions including developer, technical lead, hands on project manager, and program manager. Howard’s experience also includes running a global client connectivity IT team, supporting global equities program trading, global cash equities, global ETD and FX.
- Reviewed change control processes and procedures
- Conducted 15C3-5 reviews
- Verified surveillances used by an exchange and by FINRA
- Measured the quantities and delays of quotes sent to the public
- Designed and constructed a DOT interface to NYSE and AMEX
- Deep experience in FIX, designing and building four client connectivity infrastructures at three different firms. Built systems available all but 15 minutes per day, 5 ½ days per week, with a capacity greater than 100 million orders per day and greater 100,000 transaction per second, which add less than ½ millisecond round trip latency
- Involved in all aspects of system creation, from concept to implementation, global roll out and turning off the legacy infrastructure(s)
- Focused on all areas of the combined hardware, software and support solution, including hardware selection, product, product delivery, security, high availability, disaster recovery, supportability and real time monitoring
- Experienced in order management, client connectivity, market connectivity, regulatory reporting, real time market data, historical security data, daily pricing data and tick by tick data
- Executive Director, UBS
- Vice President, CFSB
- Vice President, Lufkin & Jenrette (acquired by Credit First Suisse Boston)
- Vice President of Portfolio Trading, Bear Stearns & Co.
- Senior Developer, Lehman Hutton
- Developer, Timber Hill, Inc.
Education, Accolades and Industry Commitments
- B.S., Computer Science, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy NY
- M.B.A., MIS Concentration, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy NY
- Former member of the FIX Technical Committee